PlanarMet™ 300 Planar Grinder
PlanarMet™ 300 Planar Grinder
The PlanarMet 300 bench top planar grinding machine with a high torque, continuous duty, 5.7Hp motor has an aggressive material removal rate normally seen in much larger, more expensive floor model machines. Convenience features such as an integrated auto wheel dressing, compact interlocking safety cover, and built in cooling make it easy to get consistent results with this planar grinder.
The compact bench top design enables the PlanarMet 300 to sit side-by-side with the EcoMet and AutoMet Grinder-Polishers. The PlanarMet 300 uses the same central force specimen holders as EcoMet/AutoMet Grinder-Polishers, allowing additional preparation steps to be completed without transferring to a new holder.
Use our planar grinding stones for consistent scratch patterns and high material removal rates.
- Compact format that is just as powerful as large, floor-standing models
- Benchtop design ideal for direct integration to benchtop polishing steps
Flexibility to adapt changing needs
- Choice of grinding stones available for almost any material application
- Timed cycle provides flexibility in methods
High quality results
- Auto Dressing System ensures fresh consistent abrasive surface giving consistent results.
- Controlled material depth removal (z-axis) is programmable and accurate to 0.01mm.
- High water flow and unique manifold keeps specimens cool, minimizing subsurface damage.
Benefits of planar grinders
- Reduce process steps and grind 4X faster compared to SiC paper
- 1 grinding stone equivalent to 1000 sheets of SiC paper.
- Go from 3 grinding steps to just 1
|PlanarMet™ 300 Planar Grinder Specifications|
|Grinding Stone Diameter||12in [305mm]|
|Grinding Stone Attachment||Center bolt - M8 thread, 5mm allen key|
|Maximum Specimen Holder Diameter||7.2in [184mm]|
|Control Interface||Membrane control|
|Dressing Stick||Metal matrix diamond|
|Amperage||7.6 - 13.2 amps|
|Motor Power for stone||Stone: 5.7Hp; Power Head: 0.7Hp|
|Operational Modes||Timed cycle or material depth (Z-axis) removal|
|Specimen Force Range||10 - 100lbs [40 - 445N] in 5lbs [20N] increments|
|Grinding Stone Rotation||Counter Clockwise (CW)|
|Grinding Stone Rotation Speed||1600rpm|
|Power Head Rotation||Counter Clockwise (CCW) or Clockwise (CW)|
|Power Head Rotation Speed||60 - 150rpm in 10rpm increments|
|Material Removal Gauge (Z-axis)||0.1 - 3mm in 0.1mm increments|
|Dressing System||Automatic Dressing|
|Dressing Frequency Range||10 seconds to 10 minute increments|
|Dressing Depth Range||10 - 50µm, 5 minute increments|
|Recirculation System||Recirculation pump - 12 or 22gal [45 or 83L] tank options|
|Electrical Connection||Integrated 10 pin|
|Storage||Temperature ranges 41 - 104deg;F [5 - 40deg;C] and non-condensing humidity ranges (30 - 90%)|
|Part #||Voltage/Frequency/Phase||Quick Quote|
|49-10000-250||208-240VAC, 50Hz, 3-Phase||Quick Quote|
|49-10000-260||208-240VAC, 60Hz, 3-Phase||Quick Quote|
|49-10000-450||380-480VAC, 50Hz, 3-Phase||Quick Quote|
|49-10000-460||380-480VAC, 60Hz, 3-Phase||Quick Quote|
Accessories & Consumables for the PlanarMet™ 300 Planar Grinder