New Webinar | Registration Now Open
Non-ferrous Aerospace Alloys
George Vander Voort
Dr. Mike Keeble
The broad range of properties and unique characteristics of different materials can cause difficulties during preparation and analysis.
This webinar will review typical preparation methods, common problems, etching and microstructure for the most common non-ferrous Aerospace alloys, including titanium, aluminum and nickel alloys.
- Examples of good metallography
- Highlight common problems preparation and analysis
- Potential consequences of poor preparation
- Best practice recommendations and recipes
- Vibratory polishing and color etching
- Demonstrate microstructures and how to best reveal them by etching
- Discuss key techniques to ensure success