All About Buehler
In the News
Buehler Product Segments
Grinding & Polishing
Imaging & Analysis
2022 Product Catalog
Hardness Block Calibration
Service Life Cycle
Full Lab Solutions
Methods by Material
Mounting Media Calculator
Load Conversions (GP)
SumMet Training Warwick - United Kingdom | July 09 2024 - July 11 2024
Mechanical preparation course, for both beginners and more experienced personnel
Up to date theory and practice of mechanical preparation
Preparation of a range of sample materials and own samples*
Etching and microscopy techniques for microstructural analysis
This three day course is constructed to address all aspects of specimen preparation for microstructural analysis, as well as optical microscopy and hardness testing. The idea is to develop a technical understanding of what happens when specimens are sectioned, encapsulated, ground, polished, etched and then observed optically. Extensive practical sessions on specimen preparation and demonstration of analysis techniques, for various materials.
Areas covered include:
Sample Selection and Sectioning (Theory and Practical)
Specimen Encapsulation (Theory and Practical)
Grinding and Polishing (Theory and Practical)
Etching Techniques (Theory)
Imaging and Image Analysis (Theory)
Principles of Hardness Testing (Theory
* Please note that specimens must be sent to Buehler to arrive at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course for inclusion. Please use this form to register for a place at this event. We will follow up with a formal quote, and seats on the course are finalized once a purchase order is received. We will typically send further information, including details of the venue and agenda, 6-8 weeks prior to the event. If more details are required on any Buehler course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
are required fields.
Attendees x £980.00
Please Choose Number of Attendees
What department do you work in
What is your work address
What is your work zipcode
What is your work telephone number
What is your full name
What is your work position
What is your compnay name
What is your wwork email address
1. What type of samples do you prepare? Material/Size/Condition?
What type of samples do you prepare? Material/Size/Condition?
2. What preparation challenges do you face?
What preparation challenges do you face?
3. What preparation consumables and equipment do you use?
What preparation consumables and equipment do you use?
4. Would you like to send samples ahead for us to prepare or bring samples with you to prepare during the class?
Would you like to send samples ahead for us to prepare or bring samples with you to prepare during the class?
5. What volume of samples do you prepare on a weekly basis?
What volume of samples do you prepare on a weekly basis?
6. What analysis types are done on the samples?
What analysis types are done on the samples?
3 + 5 = ?
Please answer the math question
By submitting this form, I agree to the
Contact Us Terms & Conditions
You must agree to the terms and conditions of Buehler